Cost: (78-520) Life
Cast Time: InstantRequires Level 16Draws out your own blood to power a buff for a duration, letting this skill inflict the Corrupting Blood debuff on enemies you hit, dealing physical damage over time for a short secondary duration. The buff's duration will be refreshed if you spend enough life before it expires.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent1% increased Skill Effect Duration0.5% reduced Life Cost1% chance to inflict an additional Corrupted Blood DebuffBase duration is 6.00 seconds
Deals (7.8–335.4) Base Physical Damage per second
Base secondary duration is 1 seconds
Buff Duration is refreshed after you spend a total of (26–205) LifePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 16Vendor Prices
|Normal||1x Orb of Alteration|
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Corrupting Fever is a spell that grants a similarly-named buff. While the buff is active, hitting enemies will inflict stacks of Corrupting Blood on them that deal physical damage over time, up to a maximum of 10 stacks.
Skill functions and interactions
- Casting Corrupting Fever costs life instead of mana. Spending enough life while the Corrupting Fever buff is active will refresh its duration; the spent life threshold is much lower than the cost of Corrupting Fever itself.
- Inflicting a new stack of corrupting blood on a target will refresh the duration of all stacks currently on that target, as is common with all corrupting blood mechanics.
- Hits do not need to deal damage in order to inflict corrupting blood stacks.
- This spell does not interrupt your current action, allowing you to cast it during the animation of other attacks or spells.
- Even after casting a spell, one can then use this spell and It will apply the debuff with the already used attack or spell, resulting In a very smooth added damage to any build rotation.
Gem level progression
|Life Spent to Refresh||Exp.||Total Exp.|
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|8||Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem|
Alternative Quality: +19%Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
|random level 19 gem with 19% alternative quality||Automatic|
|1||Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item|
Item drops after killing # monstersQuality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
|random superior gem||Automatic|
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|13||The CataclysmThe Cataclysm13Level 21 Spell Gem|
CorruptedThe mighty warriors traded in blows, the nimble archers in arrows, yet it was the brazen thaumaturgists who would bring catastrophe to all.
|random corrupted level 21 Spell gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem with 20% quality||Automatic|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||random divination card set exchange||Automatic|
The following threshold jewels augment Corrupting Fever:
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Corrupting Fever. No results found
Alternate skill effects
Corrupting Fever has the following alternate skill effects: