|Deal with the Bandits|
|Start||Talk to Eramir|
|Objective||Kill or side with the bandits|
|Completion||Talk to Eramir|
|Key Item||Kraityn's AmuletKraityn's AmuletWhile this artefact resonates with power,|
it is simply a piece in a larger puzzle.
Alira's AmuletAlira's AmuletSegregated by treachery, this artefact
longs to be reunited with her sisters.
Oak's AmuletOak's AmuletA relic of a sundered relationship,
it awaits reconciliation with its kin.
Deal with the Bandits is a pivotal quest in Act 2, that grants powerful passive combat abilities as the quest reward. Builds that rely on critical strike will generally choose to save Alira, while advanced builds will choose to kill all bandits and gain 2 skillpoints that can be used to further customize the build's passive skill tree.
There are 4 options to this quest, which enables a certain passive benefit depending on the bandit that the player sides with, or grants 2 extra passive skill points (if players kill all the bandits).
Careful consideration should be taken when choosing a reward, as changing to a different reward is expensive.
|Name||The Bandit Lord Kraityn||The Bandit Lord Alira||The Bandit Lord Oak||Eramir|
|Choice||Save Kraityn||Save Alira||Save Oak||Kill all bandits|
Changing the Bandit choice
To change your Bandit choice, do the following:
- Take 20 Orb of RegretOrb of RegretStack Size: 40Grants a passive skill refund pointRight click on this item to use it.
Shift click to unstack. along with an amulet (given in the table below), and sell it to any vendor at a town, triggering a Vendor recipe.
- In exchange, they will give you a Book of Reform.
- Right-click the book in your inventory to confirm your bandit change
- A confirmation window will pop up informing you of which rewards you will gain and lose.
|Save Kraityn||Book of ReformBook of ReformGains Kraityn's favour.A Book of Reform. Use to gain Kraityn's favour. which grants Kraityn's favour|
|Save Alira||Book of ReformBook of ReformGains Alira's favour.A Book of Reform. Use to gain Alira's favour. which grants Alira's favour|
|Save Oak||Book of ReformBook of ReformGains Oak's favour.A Book of Reform. Use to gain Oak's favour. which grants Oak's favour|
|Kill all bandits||Book of ReformBook of ReformGains Eramir's favour.A Book of Reform. Use to gain Eramir's favour. which grants Eramir's favour|
- In order to find out which bandit you helped you can type the "/passives" command in your game chat window, or talk to Eramir, the bandit you helped will turn up as a conversation option.
- Any Book of Reform may be vendored to reclaim the 20 Orbs of RegretOrb of RegretStack Size: 40Grants a passive skill refund pointRight click on this item to use it.
Shift click to unstack. used to make it. However, the amulet will be lost.
This quest is given to you by Eramir in the Forest Encampment after you complete Through Sacred Ground or talk with any of the bandit leaders. There are three different bandit leaders. You can either side with one of them (and kill the other two) to get the respective reward or you can kill all of them to get the reward from Eramir.
- Kraityn: Located in Broken Bridge (entrance located in Old Fields → Crossroads)
- Alira: Located in The Western Forest (entrance located in The Riverways).
- Oak: Located in The Wetlands (entrance located in The Riverways).
- Kill All Three: If you choose to kill all the bandit leaders, turn-in the 3 Fragments to Eramir in the Forest Encampment who will combine the fragments and reward you with 2 passive skill points.
Whether you've sided with one of the bandit lords or killed them all, completion of this quest will provide you with the quest item The ApexThe ApexThough its power has been shared, there
is still more the Apex might unlock. which you will use on the Dark Altar (entrance located in The Northern Forest → The Caverns → Ancient Pyramid).
Eramir: You say the Lords of Larceny wore these around their necks? These artifacts, and that ancient gateway to the northwest… crafted by the same hands, I’d venture. Vaal hands.
And it appears the brigand’s trinkets could form a single whole. Give me a moment with them. I used to be good at this sort of thing. Now, this one seems to fit neatly against here, and this third one, well it looks like it…
Eramir: I’m so sorry, my friend. Are you well? Yes, you are apparently intact. Remarkable considering… for the barest moment there you were something altogether different. I’m not afraid to admit it… a rather unnerving version of yourself.
If I were you I’d dispense with that artifact down the deepest, darkest hole that I could find.
|Deal with the Bandits|
|The ApexThe ApexThough its power has been shared, there|
is still more the Apex might unlock.