Distance in Path of Exile is measured in units. This unit is not analogous to feet, nor meters. Most character models are in the range of 15-20 units tall.
A measure of distance is sometimes given in skill descriptions, such as Elemental Proliferation SupportElemental Proliferation SupportCold, Fire, Lightning, Support, AoE
Cost and Reservation Multiplier: 110%Supports any skill that hits enemies, or could otherwise apply elemental ailments.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent0.5% increased Duration of Elemental Ailments on EnemiesSupported Skills have 1% increased Area of EffectSupported Skills deal 1% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments per Freeze, Shock or Ignite on EnemyElemental Ailments caused by Supported Skills spread to other enemies in a Radius of (12-15)
Supported Skills have 20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
(0-19)% increased Duration of Elemental Ailments on EnemiesThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. which lists the radius of its area of effect in units of distance.
- 1 unit
- Hideout placeables are moved in increments of one unit.
- 2 units
- Radius (hitboxes) of Humanoids (such as player-controlled characters).
- 12 units
- The tiles in Enlightened Hideout are 12 units wide.[confirmation needed because of 3.9.0 changes]
- 25 units
- The definition of "nearby" on unique item Belt of the DeceiverBelt of the Deceiver
Heavy BeltRequires Level 20+(25-35) to Strength(15-25)% increased Global Physical Damage
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+(30-40) to maximum Life
+(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
Nearby Enemies are IntimidatedIn battle, virtue matters not.
- 30 units
- The definition of "nearby" for the Chilling Presence notable.
- 35 units
- 0% bonus damage from Point Blank at this range.
- The definition of "nearby" on Redeemer-influenced body armour mod "Nearby Enemies are Blinded"
- The definition of "nearby" on unique item SingularitySingularity
Physical Damage: 61.2–91.2
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 62, 113 Str, 113 Int30% increased Elemental DamageAdds (30-40) to (60-70) Lightning Damage to Spells
(14-18)% increased Cast Speed
(6-8)% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
Nearby Enemies are Hindered, with 25% reduced Movement Speed
(60-80)% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Hindered EnemiesIn time, all becomes nothing.
We just expedite the process..
- The definition of "nearby" on unique item Bear's GirdleBear's Girdle
Leather BeltRequires Level 68+(25-40) to maximum LifeAdds (5-7) to (11-12) Physical Damage to Attacks
(20-30)% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
Nearby Enemies are Crushed while you have at least 25 Rage
(4-6)% increased Physical Damage per 10 Rage
+20 to Maximum RageSimple. Deadly. Unstoppable.
- 40 units
- The definition of "nearby" on unique item Victario's CharityVictario's Charity
Laminated Kite ShieldQuality: +20%
Chance to Block: 24%
Energy Shield: 26
Movement Speed: -3%Requires Level 50, 64 Str, 64 Int+8% to all Elemental Resistances+(50-70) to maximum Life
+(20-30)% to Lightning Resistance
+11% to Chaos Resistance
20% increased Area of Effect of Aura Skills
10% chance to grant a Power Charge to nearby Allies on Kill
5% chance to grant a Frenzy Charge to nearby Allies on HitA man's life is the greatest gift he can give. and previously for Ascendancy notables.
- 50 units
- The aura radius on unique item Victario's FlightVictario's Flight
Goathide BootsQuality: +20%
Evasion: (92-113)Requires Level 12, 26 Dex+15 to Dexterity
+15 to Intelligence
(100-150)% increased Evasion Rating
15% increased Movement Speed
(5-10)% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit
10% increased Movement Speed for you and nearby AlliesAlive but not unscathed, Victario fled
as slaughter blossomed at the gates. and definition of "nearby" on unique item Perquil's ToePerquil's Toe
Gold AmuletRequires Level 29(12-20)% increased Rarity of Items found+(40-50) to Dexterity
(5-8)% increased Movement Speed
Lightning Damage from Enemies Hitting you is Lucky
Nearby Allies' Damage with Hits is LuckyHe was a lot luckier before he lost this..
- 60 units
- The definition of "nearby" on Ascendancy notables, and Fossil-crafted Delve League helmet suffixes.
- 70 units
- The definition of the "nearby" in "while a Rare or Unique enemy is nearby" crafted modifiers.
- 75 units
- The definition of "nearby" on unique items Leer CastLeer Cast
Festival MaskQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: 19Requires Level 28, 33 Dex, 33 Int+(20-30) to Dexterity
30% reduced Damage
+(20-30) to maximum Life
+(20-30) to maximum Mana
You and nearby allies gain 15% increased DamageFor none of us are as cruel as all of us. and Dying BreathDying Breath
Physical Damage: 16.8–50.4
Critical Strike Chance: 6.40%
Attacks per Second: 1.30
Weapon Range: 13Requires Level 13, 27 Str, 27 Int+18% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff18% increased Cast Speed
18% increased maximum Mana
18% increased Area of Effect of Aura Skills
18% increased Area of Effect of Hex Skills
Nearby Enemies have 18% increased Effect of Curses on them
Nearby allies gain 18% increased Damage
18% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your SkillsThe whispers of the dead
Carry wisdom for the living,
If you are willing to give your life
- 85 units
- Approximate horizontal distance from your character to the edge of the screen on a 1920 pixel wide resolution.
- 150 units
- Maximum distance a projectile can travel.
- −30% damage from Point Blank at maximum range.
- rkiga (January 2, 2016). "[mechanics] Unit Distance / Radius Visualized". Official Path of Exile subreddit. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (January 9, 2012). "Sweep". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (October 30, 2013). "Mechanics thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (July 19, 2016). "Mechanical Questions Thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 19, 2016.