Some items in the game are considered Drop-restricted items. While most items can drop from anywhere (though potentially with a very low drop rate), these items are impossible to obtain outside of certain encounters or methods, with some being simply impossible to obtain in the current game. This article covers drop restrictions other than area-restrictions and boss-restrictions (in which the item is tied to a specific area or a specific boss).
League-specific base items
League-specific base items are introduced in some temporary challenge leagues and restricted to that league mechanic. Some league mechanics are incorporated into the core game and have a default non-zero chance to spawn, while others are not and require either atlas passives, scarabs, or Zana crafted map mods to spawn, and others are completely unable to spawn.
Demigod uniques are a special class of race league specific items which are rewards for the winners of those races. To acquire the basetype of a Demigod unique, players need to corrupt unique items into corrupted rare items, then use the 5-rare-to-1-rare vendor recipe to obtain an unidentified rare item.
The following league specific items are not part of the core game but are readily obtainable:
- Magic and rare Talismans can be obtained in the game despite Talisman league not being added to the core game mechanic and despite there being no Zana crafted Talisman league mod. However, they can be obtained as Safehouse rewards linked to Thane Jorgin the Banished, certain divination cards, Delve rewards chests and Talisman Delve-nod, Primal IncubatorsPrimal IncubatorAdds an incubated Talisman item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monstersTalisman ItemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters., monsters or chests in Legion encounters, Heist rewards chests, and various other sources.
- Perandus CoinsPerandus CoinStack Size: 5000Trade coins to Cadiro Perandus.
Shift click to unstack.: Primarily obtained from Perandus chests. They can also be obtained from Decadent IncubatorsDecadent IncubatorAdds an incubated Perandus item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monstersPerandus ItemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters., a specific Harvest crafting recipe, etc.
- Currency Shards (those introduced in version 3.0.0 only) are primarily dropped by Harbinger monsters, but can also be found from Heist Harbinger reward chests or currency chests, Foreboding IncubatorsForeboding IncubatorAdds incubated valuable Currency Shards or a Harbinger item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monstersvaluable Currency Shards or Harbinger ItemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters., etc.
- Synthesised item: The league itself is not part of the core game. Synthesized item drops from Heists and Grand Heists or purchasable from Ritual, and synthesised implicits can be added to existing items via harvest crafting.
There are other formerly league-specific base items or currency that can be obtained in-game without Zana mods as they are part of the core game:
- Prophecy: seek prophecies from Navali. Itemized prophecies can be found in other game mechanic such as Heist and divination cards.
- Essences: Primarily from Essence-possessed monsters.
- Breach RingsBreach RingProperties are doubled while in a BreachCorrupted and Breach Splinters: Primarily random drops from Breach monsters.
- Blessing: Drops from Breachlords in their own domains
- Abyss basetypes: Primarily from Abyss encounters such as Abyssal Trove and Abyssal Depths .
- Bestiary OrbBestiary OrbStack Size: 10Stores a Beast in an item so it can be tradedRight click on this item then left click on a Beast in your Menagerie to turn it into a tradable item.
Shift click to unstack.: Purchase from Einhar.
- Fossils and Resonators: Drops in the Delve mine. Read fossil for additional drop sources of fossils.
- Scarabs: Primarily drops from Betrayal Intervention Safehouse and the member of that wing at that time.
- Empowered breachstones: Created from It That Fled's Research safehouse crafting bench, or by upgrading a breachstone with a Blessing.
- Ornate QuiverOrnate QuiverRequires Level 45Has 1 Socket: itself did not drop. Its unique version, is a former league-specific world drop, but now is a core drop since version 3.14.0. To acquire non-unique craftable Ornate Quivers, refer to the 5-rare-to-1-rare vendor recipe paragraph above.
- Legion Splinters and Incubators: Legion encounters, also in Heist's Legion chests.
- Oils: Primary from Blight encounters, also in Heist's blight chests.
- Catalysts: Primarily from Metamorph monsters.
- Delirium orbs: Random drop from Delirium encounters.
- Currency introduced during Harvest league: Created from harvest crafting.
- Heist basetypes: From specific Grand Heists.
- Heist ally gear: From Heists and Grand Heist.
- Heist targets: From Heists.
- Contracts, Blueprints and Rogue's MarkersRogue's MarkerStack Size: 50000Creates a portal to the Rogue Harbour from a Town or Hideout
Used as Currency for services in the Rogue HarbourRight click on this item while in a Town or Hideout to use it.
Shift click to unstack.: Primary a random drop outside Heists and Grand Heists. Heist targets can be sold for Rogue's Markers.
- Other Heist currency: Read the article of that currency for details.
- Ritual basetypes: Purchase from Ritual mechanics.
The following league specific items are drop disabled and serve no function in the current version of the game:
League-specific unique items
League-specific unique items are introduced in temporary challenge leagues as world drop or tied to that league mechanics. However, not all league mechanics are added to the core game. And sometimes, the league mechanic is part of the core game but not the unique themselves, for example Anarchy, Nemesis, Invasion, Domination, Bloodlines, Torment, Ambush leagues, etc. These League-specific items can sometimes be dropped in maps by either adding Zana's crafted league mod, or adding an Infused Map mod obtainable from Harvest crafting, to the map. Both variants have a hidden stat id
map_set_league_category, e.g. HarvestInfusedMapNemesisZanaHarvestInfusedMapNemesisZana
Area contains 10 additional packs with a Rare monster
Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis Mod
Nemesis (Hidden) set the league flag to 6, which corresponds to the Nemesis league. Normal map mods from map items such as Antagonist'sAntagonist's
13% increased Quantity of Items found in this Area
8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
+5% Monster pack size
Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis Mod
(20-30)% more Rare Monsters do not have this stat id and do NOT set the "league flag" to Nemesis league. However, GGG add most league-specific world drop into core drop pool since version 3.14.0. It is not certain that which "world drop" unique still requires Zana crafted map mod or the Infused map mod.
Also the following methods may allow league-specific unique items as random drops (except that some items may only drop from a specific league-boss):
- Divination cards as listed on the item's page.
- Cameria's Transportation Safehouse chests.
- Table of Sacrifice at Hall of Offerings (level 2) or Altar of Sacrifice at Apex of Ascension (level 3) incursion rooms.
- ChancingOrb of ChanceStack Size: 20Upgrades a normal item to a random rarityRight click this item then left click a normal item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. or using Ancient OrbAncient OrbStack Size: 20Reforges a unique item as another of the same item classRight click this item then left click a unique item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. in a map crafted with the corresponding map mod using Zana's Map Device. For example, HeadhunterHeadhunter
Leather BeltRequires Level 40+(25-40) to maximum Life+(40-55) to Strength
+(40-55) to Dexterity
+(50-60) to maximum Life
(20-30)% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds"A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and
judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.
The head is where the Man is."
- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom was required to be chanced in a map crafted with Zana's Nemesis mod. Since version 3.14.0, according to GGG, "most" item are added to core drop table , including Headhunter, thus it is not certain which league-specific "world drop" items are excluded from core loot table and still requires Zana or Infused map mod.
- Time-Lost IncubatorTime-Lost IncubatorAdds an incubated valuable Unique item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monstersvaluable Unique ItemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters..
- A Hidden Heirlooms crate in the Azurite Mine.
- A rare monster possessed by a Tormented Graverobber.
- Cadiro Perandus can offer a league-specific unique item in exchange for Perandus CoinsPerandus CoinStack Size: 5000Trade coins to Cadiro Perandus.
Shift click to unstack..
- "Drop a Unique item" bargain option in an encounter with the Immortal Syndicate.
- Several monsters and chests of Legion encounters.
- "Unique item" reward type of Delirium
- Map bosses under high Atlas Awakening Level (+#% chance for an additional Unique Item to drop from Unique Map Boss)
- The Coward's TrialThe Coward's Trial
Cursed Crypt MapMap Level: 80
Map Tier: 13
Guild Character: ÅContains waves of Monsters
Contains additional waves of Undead Monsters
<0 to 7 random additional waves modifiers>For his sins he was hunted in his sleep,
judgement wrought of twisted nightmare.
The Coward bound his dreams to stone, awaiting
another to walk the path of true atonement.Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once. Map boss (ilvl 100)
- Using Reliquary Scarabs would improve the drop rate of uniques found in maps with league modifiers.
Note: For league-mechanics that have been incorporated into core game, the unique may be either enabled as world drop or boss drop. For example, killing bosses of their respective league: bosses of Warbands-themed map, Abyss/Beast/Delve/Synthesis/Metamorph bosses, The Vaal Omnitect, Mastermind, The Pale Council; finishing Beachhead maps, Breachlords' domains and Safehouses; open specific chest of specific Incursion room in the present-day temple; killing monsters in Breach; doing Prophecy. Blight, Delirium, perform a grand heist, purchase from the Ritual and open Perandus chests, etc.
In addition, unique Talismans are simply added to the core drop table since version 3.14.0.
Legacy items are discontinued versions of items that have been subjected to balance changes which do not affect existing copies of the item. Due to their limited availability, their prices can be high.
Most legacy items can be updated to their newest stats by using a Divine OrbDivine OrbStack Size: 10Randomises the numeric values of the random modifiers on an itemRight click this item then left click a magic, rare or unique item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. or Blessed OrbBlessed OrbStack Size: 20Randomises the numeric values of the implicit modifiers of an itemRight click this item then left click another item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. on it. Note that this will not work on unique items that had modifiers added or severely changed, like Kaom's HeartKaom's Heart
Glorious PlateQuality: +20%
Armour: 931Requires Level 68, 191 StrHas no Sockets
(20-40)% increased Fire Damage
+500 to maximum LifeThe warrior who
fears will fall.. In that case, a Divine Orb will only change the present mods to the new value, and not add additional ones. These orbs won't work when the base item was changed, either.
Certain unique items have had their names changed. Those items that were obtained before the name change was implemented will forever retain the old name.
Some item affixes were changed or removed from the drop pool altogether for balance reasons.
Certain items have been removed from the drop table, usually because they were replaced with another item. These items can only be obtained by trading with other players in a permanent league.
Each race and player-versus-player season offers rewards of existing items with alternate art for reaching certain point breakpoints within the season. Event-specific rewards (and alternate art counterparts of these) are also offered for placing well in the race or the season. All rewards are placed into remove-only tabs that can be viewed from any league, but once removed, they remain in the league they were taken into and cannot be transferred to other leagues. These rewards cannot be viewed or removed from the stash in temporary leagues until four weeks have passed since the beginning of the league.