Some items of the game has drop-restriction as Drop-restricted item. Area-restriction and boss-restriction are examples which the item are tied to specific area or specific boss. This article covers restriction outside area and boss.
Most items can drop from anywhere (though potentially with a very drop rate), but some items are impossible to obtain outside of certain encounters or methods, and some are simply impossible to obtain in the current game.
League-specific base items
League-specific base items are introduced in some temporary challenge leagues and restricted to that league mechanic. Some league mechanic are incorporated into the core game and have a default non-zero chance to spawn, while other did not and require either atlas passive, scarab, or Zana crafted map mod to spawns, or not spawnnable at all.
Demigod unique is a special type of race league specific item which is a reward to the winners of the race. To acquire the basetype of Demigod unique, player need to corrupt unique items and gain 5 copies of corrupted rare items then use 5 rare to 1 rare vendor recipe to gain back a unidentified rare item.
The following league specific item is not part of the core game but readily obtainable:
- Magic and rare Talismans can be obtained in the game despite Talisman league is not added to the core and does not have Zana crafted Talisman league mod. However, it can be obtained as Safehouse rewards that linked to Thane Jorgin the Banished. Certain divination cards also granted random talismans, as well as some Delve rewards chest. They can also drop from monsters or chests in Legion encounters, and in heist, etc.
- Perandus CoinPerandus CoinStack Size: 5000Trade coins to Cadiro Perandus.
Shift click to unstack.: Primarily from Perandus chest. There is Harvest crafting recipe and other drop source of this currency
- Currency Shards (those introduced in version 3.0.0 only) are mostly drop from Harbinger monster but also able to find in heist's Harbinger chest or currency chest.
- Synthesised item: The league itself is not part of the core game. Synthesized item drops from heist and grand heist or the implicit is added to existing item via harvest crafting.
There are other former league-specific base item or currency that can be obtained in-game without Zana mod as it is part of the core game:
- Prophecy: seek prophecy from Navali. Itemized prophecy can be found in other game mechanic such as heist and divination cards
- Essence: Primarily from Essence-possessed monster
- Breach RingBreach RingProperties are doubled while in a BreachCorrupted and Breach Splinter: primarily a random drop from Breach monster
- Abyss basetypes: Primarily from Abyss encounters such as Abyssal Trove and Abyssal Depths
- Bestiary OrbBestiary OrbStack Size: 10Stores a Beast in an item so it can be tradedRight click on this item then left click on a Beast in your Menagerie to turn it into a tradable item.
Shift click to unstack.: purchase from Einhar
- Fossil and Resonator: Drops in Delve mine. Read fossil for additional drop source of fossil
- Scarab: Primarily drops from Betrayal Intervention Safehouse and the member of that wing at that time
- Empowered breachstone: created from It That Fled 's Research safehouse crafting bench or use a Blessing to upgrade a breachstone
- Ornate QuiverOrnate QuiverRequires Level 45Has 1 Socket: itself did not drop. Its unique version, is a former league-specific world drop , but now it is a core drop since version 3.14.0. To acquire non-unique craftable Ornate Quiver, read the 5 rare to 1 rare vendor recipe paragraph above
- Legion Splinter and Incubator: Legion encounter, also in heist's Legion chest
- Oil: Primary from Blight encounter, also in heist's blight chest
- Catalyst: Drops primarily from the metamorph monster
- Delirium orb: random drop from Delirium encounter
- currency introduced during Harvest league: Created from harvest crafting
- Heist basetype: in specific grand heist
- Heist ally gears: in heist and grand heist
- heist target: in heist
- Contract, blueprint and Rogue's MarkerRogue's MarkerStack Size: 50000Creates a portal to the Rogue Harbour from a Town or Hideout
Used as Currency for services in the Rogue HarbourRight click on this item while in a Town or Hideout to use it.
Shift click to unstack.: primary a random drop outside heist and grand heist; also heist target can sold for Rogue's Marker
- Other heist currency: Read the article of that currency for details
- Ritual basetype: purchase from Ritual mechanic
The following league specific items are drop disabled and no function in the current version of the game:
League-specific unique items
League-specific unique items are introduced in most challenge leagues. These items can sometimes be dropped in maps by either adding Zana's crafted league mod, or adding an Infused Map mod obtainable from Harvest crafting, to the map. Both variants have a hidden stat id
map_set_league_category, e.g. HarvestInfusedMapNemesisZanaHarvestInfusedMapNemesisZana
Area contains 10 additional packs with a Rare monster
Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis Mod
Nemesis (Hidden) set the league flag to 6, which corresponds to the Nemesis league. Normal map mods from map items such as Antagonist'sAntagonist's
13% increased Quantity of Items found in this Area
8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
+5% Monster pack size
Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis Mod
(20-30)% more Rare Monsters do not have this stat id and do NOT set the "league flag" to Nemesis league. However, GGG add most league-speicific world drop into core drop pool since version 3.14.0. It is not certain that which "world drop" unique still requires Zana crafted map mod or the Infused map mod.
Also the following methods may allow league-specific unique items as random drops (except that some items may only drop from a specific league-boss):
- Divination cards as listed on the item's page.
- Cameria's Transportation Safehouse chests.
- Table of Sacrifice at Hall of Offerings (level 2) or Altar of Sacrifice at Apex of Ascension (level 3) incursion rooms.
- ChancingOrb of ChanceStack Size: 20Upgrades a normal item to a random rarityRight click this item then left click a normal item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. or using Ancient OrbAncient OrbStack Size: 20Reforges a unique item as another of the same item classRight click this item then left click a unique item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. in a map crafted with the corresponding map mod using Zana's Map Device. For example, HeadhunterHeadhunter
Leather BeltRequires Level 40+(25-40) to maximum Life+(40-55) to Strength
+(40-55) to Dexterity
+(50-60) to maximum Life
(20-30)% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds"A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and
judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.
The head is where the Man is."
- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom in a map crafted with Zana's Nemesis mod.
- Time-Lost IncubatorTime-Lost IncubatorAdds an incubated valuable Unique item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monstersvaluable Unique ItemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters..
- A Hidden Heirlooms crate in the Azurite Mine.
- A rare monster possessed by a Tormented Graverobber.
- Cadiro Perandus can offer a league-specific unique item in exchange for Perandus CoinsPerandus CoinStack Size: 5000Trade coins to Cadiro Perandus.
Shift click to unstack..
- "Drop a Unique item" bargain option in an encounter with the Immortal Syndicate.
- Several monsters and chests of Legion encounters.
- "Unique item" reward type of Delirium
- Map bosses under high Atlas Awakening Level (+#% chance for an additional Unique Item to drop from Unique Map Boss)
- The Coward's TrialThe Coward's Trial
Cursed Crypt MapMap Level: 80
Map Tier: 13
Guild Character: ÅContains waves of Monsters
Contains additional waves of Undead Monsters
<0 to 7 random additional waves modifiers>For his sins he was hunted in his sleep,
judgement wrought of twisted nightmare.
The Coward bound his dreams to stone, awaiting
another to walk the path of true atonement.Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once. Map boss (ilvl 100)
- Using Reliquary Scarabs would improve the drop rate of uniques found in maps with league modifiers.
Note: For league-mechanics that have been introduced to core, the unique may be either enabled as world drop or boss drop. For example, killing bosses of their respective league: bosses of Warbands-themed map, Abyss/Delve/Synthesis bosses, The Vaal Omnitect, Mastermind, The Pale Council; finishing Beachhead maps, Breachlords' domains and Safehouses; killing monsters in Breach; doing Prophecy and open Perandus chests, etc.
Legacy items are discontinued versions of items that have been subjected to balance changes which do not affect existing copies of the item. Due to their limited availability, their prices can be high.
Most legacy items can be updated to their newest stats by using a Divine OrbDivine OrbStack Size: 10Randomises the numeric values of the random modifiers on an itemRight click this item then left click a magic, rare or unique item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. or Blessed OrbBlessed OrbStack Size: 20Randomises the numeric values of the implicit modifiers of an itemRight click this item then left click another item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. on it. Note that this will not work on unique items that had modifiers added or severely changed, like Kaom's HeartKaom's Heart
Glorious PlateQuality: +20%
Armour: 931Requires Level 68, 191 StrHas no Sockets
(20-40)% increased Fire Damage
+500 to maximum LifeThe warrior who
fears will fall.. In that case, a Divine Orb will only change the present mods to the new value, and not add additional ones. These orbs won't work when the base item was changed, either.
Certain unique items have had their names changed. Those items that were obtained before the name change was implemented will forever retain the old name.
Some item affixes were changed or removed from the drop pool altogether for balance reasons.
Certain items have been removed from the drop table, usually because they were replaced with another item. These items can only be obtained by trading with other players in a permanent league.
Each race and player-versus-player season offers rewards of existing items with alternate art for reaching certain point breakpoints within the season. Event-specific rewards (and alternate art counterparts of these) are also offered for placing well in the race or the season. All rewards are placed into remove-only tabs that can be viewed from any league, but once removed, they remain in the league they were taken into and cannot be transferred to other leagues. These rewards cannot be viewed or removed from the stash in temporary leagues until four weeks have passed since the beginning of the league.