Cost: 8 Mana
Attack Speed: 80% of base
Attack Damage: (125-160)% of base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (125-160)%Requires Level 12Slam the ground, sending out rectangular fissures that deal area damage to enemies and thrust a spike from the ground when they end. Warcries or other Slam Attacks performed by you or allied players near any spike will cause them to shatter, damaging surrounding enemies. Works with Maces, Sceptres, Axes, Staves and Unarmed.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent4Phantasmal0.5% increased Area of Effect0.5% chance to create an additional Fissure1% increased Fissure LengthFissures deal 3% more Damage
Spikes deal 3% less DamageDeals (125-160)% of Base Attack Damage
Base duration is 6 seconds
Shattering Spikes deal 30% less damage
Creates 5 fissures
Maximum 15 Spikes
(0-19)% more Area of EffectPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 12Vendor Prices
|Normal||1x Orb of Transmutation|
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemEarthshatter
Earthshatter is a melee slam attack skill. When used, it sends out multiple fissures outwards that creates a spike at the end of its path. When these spikes are hit by a slam skill or a warcry, they detonate to deal area of effect damage.
Skill functions and interactions
Ancestral Warchief: Even though this skill is tagged as a slam skill, it will not trigger Earthshatter's shattering spikes.
Fissure damage only hits enemies 1 time per attack, no matter how many fissures it creates.
- All spikes from one attack can hit a single target. The following methods increase the chance of multiple spikes hitting the same target:
- Using earthshatter in a very small room makes all spikes land close to one another and the enemy.
- Large enemies are easier to hit with all spikes than smaller enemies.
- The labyrinth helmet enchantment that gives plus 1 fissures.
- Increased area of effect will increase the length of the fissures and the size of the spike explosions. Therefore increased area of effect will not necessarily increase the chance of multiple spikes hitting a single target in all situations. However, when used in a small room that prevents spikes from moving outwards to their full length, increased area of effect will definitely increase the chance of multiple spikes hitting the same target.
- The spike damage is considered an attack that hits. Therefore it will still gain damage from things like Fist of War SupportFist of War SupportSlam, Attack, Melee, AoE, Support
Cost & Reservation Multiplier: 120%Requires Level 38Supports slam skills, providing a powerful boost when they're used, with a delay before they can be boosted again. Cannot support Vaal skills or triggered skills. Cannot modify the skills of minions. Only skills you use yourself can receive the boost.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3DivergentSupported Skills have 0.5% increased Area of EffectSupported Skills have 1% reduced Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal 3% increased DamageAncestrally Boosted Slams have 0.5% reduced Enemy Stun ThresholdAncestrally Boosted Slams deal (110-148)% more Damage with Hits
Ancestrally Boosted Slams deal (70-100)% more Damage with Ailments
Ancestrally Boosted Slams have (40-59)% increased Area of Effect
Attacks with Supported Skill are Ancestrally Boosted, no more than once every (2.5-1.8) seconds
Ancestral Boost does not apply to repeats of the AttackThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. and exerted attacks from wacries.
- Up to 15 spikes can be placed on the ground before enemies spawn, allowing for a maximum of 3 attacks worth of spike damage ready before a fight begins.
- The total damage of 5 spikes hitting a single enemy is (70 x 5) = 350% of the damage of the fissure hit.
Gem level progression
|more AoE||Exp.||Total Exp.|
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|8||Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem|
Alternative Quality: +19%Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
|random level 19 gem with 19% alternative quality||Automatic|
|1||Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item|
Item drops after killing # monstersQuality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
|random superior gem||Automatic|
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem with 20% quality||Automatic|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||random divination card set exchange||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|The Siren's Cadence|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|The Siren's Cadence|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
The following threshold jewels augment Earthshatter:
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Earthshatter.
|Enchantment Earthshatter Damage 1||66||Earthshatter deals 25% increased Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Earthshatter Damage 2||75||Earthshatter deals 40% increased Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Earthshatter Radius 1||66||Earthshatter has 16% increased Area of Effect||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Earthshatter Radius 2||75||Earthshatter has 24% increased Area of Effect||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Earthshatter Additional Spike 1||75||Earthshatter creates +1 fissures||helmet 100|
Alternate skill effects
Earthshatter has the following alternate skill effects: