Path of Exile Wiki

Please consider helping keep the wiki up to date. Check the to-do list of updates needed for version 3.14.0.

Game data exports will becoming later as the technical changes in addition to regular changes take some more time.

READ MORE

Path of Exile Wiki
Advertisement
Impale SupportAttack, Physical, Support
Icon: I
Level: (1-20)
Cost & Reservation Multiplier: 130%
Requires Level 31Supports attack skills.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3DivergentSupported Attacks have 0.5% increased Impale EffectSupported Attacks have 0.5% chance to Impale Enemies on HitSupported Skills have 0.25% chance to inflict an additional Impale on Enemies they ImpaleSupported Attacks have 40% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit
Supported Attacks have (20-49)% increased Impale Effect
Supported Skills deal (5-15)% more Physical Damage
Impale Damage dealt to Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills Overwhelms 30% Physical Damage Reduction
This is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.
Impale Support inventory icon.png
Acquisition
Area level: 31
Vendor Prices
Normal1x Orb of Chance
Vendor Offer
1x Scroll Fragment
Metadata
Item class: Support Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SupportGemImpale


Impale Support is a support gem which grants the supported skill a chance to impale, dealing a portion of the physical damage it dealt over the next 5 attacks. It also increases the effect of the impale effect and grant more physical damage.

Skill functions and interactions

Gem level progression

LevelRequired LevelRequired DexterityRequired StrengthImpale EffectPhysical DamageExp.Total Exp.
131332320%5%00
234362522%6%285815285815
336382623%6%252595538410
438402725%7%314394852804
540412926%7%3887341241538
642433028%8%4774371718975
744453129%8%5837862302761
846473331%9%7103593013120
948493432%9%13555114368631
1050513534%10%11388775507508
1152533735%10%13682336875741
1254553837%11%16383388514079
1356573938%11%195664810470727
1458584140%12%365518414125911
1560604241%12%301732717143238
1662624343%13%772012624863364
1764644444%13%1505845539921819
1866664646%14%2596421865886037
1968684747%14%62460771128346808
2070704849%15%211508743339855551
2172725051%16%N/AN/A
2274N/AN/A52%16%N/AN/A
2376N/AN/A54%17%N/AN/A
2478N/AN/A55%17%N/AN/A
2580N/AN/A57%18%N/AN/A
2682N/AN/A58%18%N/AN/A
2784N/AN/A60%19%N/AN/A
2886N/AN/A61%19%N/AN/A
2988N/AN/A63%20%N/AN/A
3090N/AN/A64%20%N/AN/A
3191N/AN/A66%21%N/AN/A
3292N/AN/A67%21%N/AN/A
3393N/AN/A69%22%N/AN/A
3494N/AN/A70%22%N/AN/A
3595N/AN/A72%23%N/AN/A
3696N/AN/A73%23%N/AN/A
3797N/AN/A75%24%N/AN/A
3898N/AN/A76%24%N/AN/A
3999N/AN/A78%25%N/AN/A
40100N/AN/A80%26%N/AN/A

Item acquisition
Questionmark.png

Upgrade paths

This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:

AmountIngredientGeneral
Notes
Type
9Gift of the Gemling QueenGift of the Gemling Queen9Level 20 Support GemOur Lady Dialla,
as a symbol of our progress,
shines greater than all the gems.
random level 20 Support gemAutomatic
7Dialla's SubjugationDialla's Subjugation7Superior Support Gem
Quality: +23%
Corrupted
A symbol of beauty and innocence
The gems corrupted her mind
Malachai corrupted her gems
All but a glimmer of
greatness lost in madness
random corrupted superior Support gem with 23% qualityAutomatic
8Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem
Alternative Quality: +19%
Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
random level 19 gem with 19% alternative qualityAutomatic
1Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing # monsters
Quality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
random superior gemAutomatic
6The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."
- Ezomyte Proverb
random level 20 gemAutomatic
3Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem
Quality: +20%
"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
random superior gem with 20% qualityAutomatic
1The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.random divination card set exchangeAutomatic

Quest reward

This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:

Class →WitchShadowRangerDuelistMarauderTemplarScion
Quest ↓
A Fixture of Fate
Act 3

Vendor reward

This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:

Class →WitchShadowRangerDuelistMarauderTemplarScion
Quest ↓
A Fixture of Fate
Act 3
Clarissa
A Fixture of Fate
Act 3
Siosa
Fallen from Grace
Act 6
Lilly Roth

Version history

Version Changes
3.15.0
  • Now has a 140% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
  • Supported Skills now have 60% chance to Impale (previously 40%).
  • Supported Skills now have 0-28% increased Impale Effect (previously 20-49%).
  • No longer has "Supported Skills deal 5-15% more Physical Damage".
  • No longer has “Impale Damage dealt to Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills Overwhelms 30% Physical Damage Reduction”.
3.7.0
  • Impale Support has been added to the game.

References

Advertisement