|This article describes new Path of Exile content released in version 3.14.0. Information may be missing or incorrect.|
Please expand this article so that it provides complete and accurate information.
Reservation: 35% Mana
Cooldown Time: 1.00 sec
Cast Time: InstantRequires Level 24Applies a buff that protects the lower half of your life, preventing some of the immediate life loss when damaged by hits and applying the loss over time instead. Your life cannot be raised above low life other than by flasks, and while above low life, skills will cost life as well as mana.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent0.25% of Life loss prevented is lost over 4 secondsWhen taking Damage from Hits, 0.25% of Life loss below half Life is Prevented
3% of Life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 secondsSkills gain a Base Life Cost equal to 0.5% of Base Mana Cost while not on Low LifeLife Recovery other than Flasks cannot Recover Life to above Low Life
When taking Damage from Hits, 40% of Life loss below half Life is Prevented, then (81–100)% of Life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds
Skills gain a Base Life Cost equal to 40% of Base Mana Cost while not on Low LifePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 24Vendor Prices
|Normal||1x Orb of Alteration|
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Petrified Blood is a spell that reserves mana to protect the character's life in the low life threshold by causing a portion of the immediate life loss from hits to take effect over time instead. At higher skill levels, the amount of life loss over time is reduced, even though the percentage of immediate life loss prevented remains constant. As a drawback, the character cannot recover life above low life by any means except with flasks. Skills also gain an additional life cost while the character is above low life.
Skill functions and interactions
- Petrified Blood will only protect your life up to your low life threshold, and will not affect damage redirected to energy shields or mana.
- You cannot directly mitigate the life loss over time from Petrified Blood in any way, not even from sources of damage immunity like a Divine Shrine.
- Life leech will attempt to recovery life past the low life threshold. Since leech only stops when you are at maximum reserved life, this effectively gives you an "overleech" effect like Brutal Fervour, as long as you have more than 50% unreserved life.
- In the same vein, The Agnostic will continuously drain your mana to recover life, since it can never recover your life to full.
- Options - Petrified blood can be used with different options. For example it can be used while on full life with no life reserved. This allows for characters to be able to survive more damage from one single hit (or multiple hits). Life flasks are the only way to gain life above low life when using petrified blood. Other life gain sources will continue to work if temporarily dropping into low life.
Gem level progression
|Level||Life loss taken over time||Exp.||Total Exp.|
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|8||Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem|
Alternative Quality: +19%Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
|random level 19 gem with 19% alternative quality||Automatic|
|1||Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item|
Item drops after killing # monstersQuality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
|random superior gem||Automatic|
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|13||The CataclysmThe Cataclysm13Level 21 Spell Gem|
CorruptedThe mighty warriors traded in blows, the nimble archers in arrows, yet it was the brazen thaumaturgists who would bring catastrophe to all.
|random corrupted level 21 Spell gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem with 20% quality||Automatic|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||random divination card set exchange||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Lost in Love|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|Lost in Love|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
The following threshold jewels augment Petrified Blood:
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Petrified Blood. No results found
- Petrified Blood has 14% reduced Reservation
- Petrified Blood has 20% reduced Reservation
Alternate skill effects
Petrified Blood has the following alternate skill effects:
|Invisible Buff EffectInvisible Buff EffectSkill Gem EffectRemoves the visual effects on the player from arctic armour, tempest shield, blood rage, molten shell, phase run, petrified blood, any aura, any blasphemied curse, or any herald gem.||Removes the visual effects on the player from arctic armour, tempest shield, blood rage, molten shell, phase run, petrified blood, any aura, any blasphemied curse, or any herald gem.|