Rituals are a map event where several Ritual Altars appear, introduced in the Ritual league. Ritual Altars can appear within the Acts and within Maps. After activating the ritual altar, players must defeat the enemies enclosed within the Ritual Circle, gaining Tribute in the process. Players can then spend the earned Tribute to purchase various types of rewards including pre-identified rare items.
All of the altars in the area are part of the same set, and share the same pool of rewards. Each successive Ritual in an area is harder and offers better rewards. Rituals spawn in various types, giving a different set of buffs to enemies and environmental effects.
- Players must first slay the monsters guarding the altar in order to activate it.
- Then clicking the altar begins the ritual and the Ritual Circle appears on the ground.
- Monsters will spawn in multiple waves, each wave harder than the last. After defeating all the monsters within the ritual, the combat phase ends and players can loot the altar. If the altar was located near a boss room, then the boss has a chance of spawning (again) within the ritual.
- Clicking the altar displays the Ritual Favors interface that allows players to select their rewards. Some rewards are hidden and will be revealed after more rituals on the same map are completed.
- Players can then move to other areas of the Map and complete all the altars in order to unlock more rewards.
After completing a ritual, players can click the Altar to display the Favours interface that allows players to select their own rewards, in exchange for Tribute points.
- All items are identified and players can see the exact mods and rolls of the item before selecting the reward.
- After a reward is selected and withdrawn, it cannot be returned/refunded.
- All of the altars in the area are part of the same set, and share the same pool of rewards.
- Completing a single ritual will only reveal 1/2 or 1/3 of the possible rewards.
- Completing all the ritual altars in the area/map reveals all possible rewards.
Ritual rewards include:
- Fully identified rare items
- Fully identified influenced rare items
- Fully identified Synthesised items
- 5-linked or 6-linked weapons or armour
- Quality skill gems
- Corrupted skill gems (Level 21 or 23% quality)
- Quality flasks
- Chaos OrbsChaos OrbStack Size: 10Reforges a rare item with new random modifiersRight click this item then left click a rare item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. (rare)
- Exalted OrbsExalted OrbStack Size: 10Augments a rare item with a new random modifierRight click this item then left click a rare item to apply it. Rare items can have up to six random modifiers. The item's Catalyst quality increases the chance of applying a modifier which matches the quality type. Removes 20% Quality applied by Catalysts on use.
Shift click to unstack. (rare, only in maps)
- All types of currency
- Delirium Orbs
- Divination cards
- Stacked DeckStacked DeckStack Size: 10A stack of unknown divination cardsRight click to take a divination card out of the deck.
Shift click to unstack.s
- Unique items
- Fossils and Resonators
- Maps and map fragments
- Cluster Jewels
- Heist Contracts
- Grand Heist Blueprints
- Deferring an item costs 15% of the original price and can be repeated every time it appears.
- A deferred item will reappear in a later area, discounted by 10% of its original cost.
- If the item has been deferred further but is not purchased when it comes back, it will be more expensive the next time appears and disappear if not deferred or purchased then.
- It is currently undetermined how long it takes for deferred items to reappear. Valuable items will take longer to reappear.
Ritual Altars can have various prefixes, listed below. Each prefix gives the ritual a different set of buffs to enemies and environmental damage.