The Constrictor is one of the four Elder Guardians, and can be found on any map with the implicit modifier Map is occupied by The Constrictor replacing the map boss. The Elder will make an appearance in the map boss arena, slay the map boss, and steal its life essence. A portal will then open to the elder's domain and the players must enter through the portal. The Elder will then empower The Constrictor using the stolen life essence of the map boss, who will hatch from a black egg. Players can then enter combat with The Constrictor.
Defeating The Constrictor has a high chance of dropping the Fragment of ConstrictionFragment of ConstrictionItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaWebs are torn, not untangled.Can be used in a personal Map Device. which is required to fight The Elder.
Such maps would also have the implicit modifier Area is influenced by The Elder, which drop enables Elder influenced items.
- Stage 1: Pools of poison spawn on the ground at one corner, dealing poison damage.
- Stage 2: Summons frogs that chase the player and detonate for cold damage when touched.
- Stage 3: Summons Giant Gladiator Statues to the arena. They can be killed and do not respawn but have high damage and health.
- Stage 1:
- Stage 1: Multiple frostbolts slowly chase the player, dealing cold damage over time while touching the player.
- Stage 2: Pillars of water shoot from the ground, dealing cold damage.
- Stage 3: Waves of water jump across the stage.
Each Elder Guardians is fought in one of three stages, each with different hazards. At higher tiers, the boss will change phases, teleporting you to a new area with different stage hazards. On yellow maps, this occurs at 1/2 health, and in red maps, this occurs at 2/3 and 1/3 health.
The Constrictor uses the following attacks:
- Melee attack
- Dash attack: Dashes forward while dealing damage.
- Strafe shot: Dashes sideways while firing multiple arrows.
- Charged shot: Charges up an shot from his bow and fires.
- Arrow volley: Fires multiple arrows several times, firing in varied patterns. This attack covers a large area in front of him.
- Combo rush: Performs a melee attack twice, then jumps backwards and fires multiple lines of arrows at the ground.
- Sundering shot: Goes airborne and fires an arrow straight down, which split into eight projectiles that travel across the ground.
- Mirror arrow: Disappears and fires multiple mirror arrows. The clones can be killed for flask charges.
- While not moving, you will receive a stacking Crippling Vines debuff which slows movement speed. Vines are removed gradually while moving.