|Location(s)||Map with implict:|
Map is occupied by The Enslaver
Area is influenced by The Elder
Desert of Dementia
River of Hysteria
Wastes of Lunacy
|Resistance(s)||Resists elemental damage|
Resists chaos damage
The Enslaver is one of the four Elder Guardians, and can be found on any map with the implicit modifier Map is occupied by The Enslaver, where The Enslaver will replace the map boss. The map will have alternative icon: .
The Elder will make an appearance in the map boss arena, slay the map boss, and steal its life essence. A portal will then open to the elder's domain and the players must enter through the portal. The Elder will then empower The Enslaver using the stolen life essence of the map boss, who will hatch from a black egg. Players can then enter combat with The Enslaver.
Defeating The Enslaver has a high chance of dropping the Fragment of EnslavementFragment of EnslavementItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaFreedom is won, not given.Can be used in a personal Map Device. which is required to fight The Elder.
Such maps would also have the implicit modifier Area is influenced by The Elder, which drop enables Elder influenced items.
- Stage 1: The arena spawns tornadoes that slowly move across the arena, dealing damage over time while standing near them.
- Stage 2: Larger, stationary tornadoes spawn in the arena.
- Stage 3: Smaller, faster tornadoes move around the arena.
- Stage 1: Pillars of flame spawn in the arena, dealing fire damage over time.
- Stage 2: Volatile orbs of fire spawn in the arena.
- Stage 3: The arena contains four rotating pillars of flame.
- To be documented
Each Elder Guardians is fought in one of three stages, each with different hazards. At higher tiers, the boss will change phases, teleporting you to a new area with different stage hazards. On yellow maps, this occurs at 1/2 health, and in red maps, this occurs at 2/3 and 1/3 health.
The Enslaver uses the following attacks:
- Melee attack
- Knife toss: Throws knives forward that fan out left or right.
- Sidestep knife toss: Dashes sideways and throws multiple knives a short distance forward at the ground, which then explode to deal damage.
- Backstep knife toss: Same as above, but dashes backwards while throwing knives in a line in front of him.
- Knife barrage: Jumps up and throws many knives at the ground in a cone pattern, then slams down to deal heavy physical damage, which is immediately followed by the knives detonating.
- Add spawn: Summons Obsidian Golems, which attack with fire projectiles. They can be killed for flask charges.
Items found from this monster
|Yoke of SufferingYoke of Suffering|
Onyx AmuletRequires Level 70+(10-16) to all Attributes+(10-20)% to Fire Resistance
+(10-20)% to Cold Resistance
+(20-40)% to Lightning Resistance
30% reduced Duration of Ailments on Enemies
(5-10)% chance to Shock
Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them
Your Elemental Damage can ShockLet the unrepentant be dragged ever downwards by the weight of their sins.
|Memory VaultMemory Vault|
Praetor CrownQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: (213-249)Requires Level 68, 62 Str, 91 Int+(130-160) to maximum Energy Shield
+(150-200) to maximum Mana
(30-40)% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+(20-30)% to Fire Resistance
10% increased Mana Reserved
Gain Armour equal to your Reserved ManaYour memories are a bridge to the past. Let no one cross.
Blue Pearl AmuletRequires Level 77(48-56)% increased Mana Regeneration Rate0.5% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life
Lose (15-10) Life for each Enemy hit by your Spells
Lose (25-20) Life for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
Skills Chain +1 times
(30-40)% increased Projectile Speed
Projectiles that have Chained gain (20-35)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos DamageDarkness never stops feeding.
|Grelwood ShankGrelwood Shank|
Eternal SwordOne Handed Sword
Physical Damage: (125.05-137.35) to (207.4-227.8)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: (1.72-1.80)
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 66, 104 Str, 122 Dex+475 to Accuracy Rating(185-215)% increased Physical Damage
(15-20)% increased Attack Speed
80% increased Armour while stationary
Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles if you've been Hit Recently
Iron Reflexes while stationaryThrough countless seasons they stand, stoic,
Each season leaving its mark;
a memory written in fibrous flesh.
|Fragment of EnslavementFragment of EnslavementItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaFreedom is won, not given.Can be used in a personal Map Device.||1|
The Enslaver is guaranteed to drop the Fragment of EnslavementFragment of EnslavementItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaFreedom is won, not given.Can be used in a personal Map Device.. The Enslaver has a chance to drop any one of the Elder Guardians-exclusive unique.[confirmation needed because of 3.14 change]
The attack value is for the default attack only. Area level of the infobox can be changed to match in-game. The metadata id with "Standalone" suffix is for The Maven's Crucible.
- Tarke Cat (interviewer), Rory Rackham (interviewee) (April 9, 2021). "Baeclast #68 Lead Designer Rory Rackham on PoE2 & Ultimatum League". Youtube. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- Jatin_GGG (January 9, 2019). "Re: The Enslaver is able to drop Beltimber Blade (and probably Grelwood Shank too)". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved January 28, 2019.