The Purifier is one of the four Elder Guardians, and can be encountered in any map with the implicit modifier Map is occupied by The Purifier. The fight with the Purifier will replace the ordinary map boss fight.
Upon approaching the map boss, the player will witness the Elder appear from a portal. He will proceed to slay the map boss, consume their life force, then leave through the same portal. Following the Elder through the portal, he will transfer the previously consumed life force into a black egg, from which the Purifier will emerge. The Elder will leave the area and the fight with the Purifier will begin.
- Stage 1: Beams of light move across the stage, dealing fire damage over time.
- Stage 2: A totem at the center fires two rows of flame in random directions.
- Stage 3: Golden circles in the corner fire slow-moving Spark projectiles.
- Stage 1: Small circular explosions occur periodically in random areas.
- Stage 2: Multiple golden orbs drop down from mid-air in random areas.
- Stage 3: Beams of light fire down which chase the player, dealing fire damage over time.
- To be documented
Each Elder Guardian is fought in one of three stages, each with different hazards. The boss will change phases, teleporting you to a new area with different stage hazards. This occurs at 2/3 and 1/3 health.
The Purifier uses the following attacks:
- Melee attack
- Double slam: Performs a slam with both weapons, dealing heavy physical damage.
- Sceptre toss: Goes airborne and tosses a weapon in each hand twice, dealing physical damage in a large area twice.
- The Purifier begins to over and uses the following attacks:
- Spectral throw: Throws a sceptre forward.
- Circle blast: Deals area of effect damage in an area.
- Crossed swords: Spawns seven tentacled swords which surround the player, which each of them firing a shot towards the center of the circle.
- Bladestorm: Calls down a flurry of weapons targeting the player multiple times, which land and deal damage.
- Add spawn: Fires a wave of projectiles that transform into animated weapons, which can be killed for flask charges.
Defeating The Purifier has a high chance of dropping the Fragment of PurificationFragment of PurificationItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaCorruption is purged, not cleansed.Can be used in a personal Map Device. which is required to fight the Elder.
Since 3.5 the Elder Guardians shared the same pool of unique items. AugyreAugyre
Physical Damage: (150-170)–(228-258.4)
Critical Strike Chance: (11.16%-12.40%)
Attacks per Second: (1.38-1.44)
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 68, 104 Str, 122 Int40% increased Elemental Damage(180-220)% increased Physical Damage
(10-15)% increased Attack Speed
(80-100)% increased Critical Strike Chance
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage
Every 16 seconds you gain Elemental Overload for 8 seconds
You have Resolute Technique while you do not have Elemental Overload
100% increased Physical Damage while you have Resolute TechniqueWhen the world spins out of control,
the safest place to be is in the centre. is The Purifier's signature weapon and was its exclusive drop.