Cost: (8-10) ManaRequires Level 28Fires a piercing shot that travels until it reaches the targeted location. It will then fire projectiles out in all directions from that point, which will travel for a short time before disappearing.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent1% increased Projectile DamageConverts 3% of Physical Damage to a random Element0.5% increased Attack SpeedDeals (100-120)% of Base Attack Damage
Fires 3 secondary ProjectilesPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 28Vendor Prices
|Normal||1x Orb of Chance|
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemTornadoShot
Skill functions and interactions
- Secondary projectiles: Upon reaching the targeted location, Tornado Shot's projectile releases three secondary arrows in random directions. No target can be hit by more than one secondary arrow from a single explosion.
- Multiple projectiles: When Tornado Shot fires additional projectiles, such as when supported by Lesser Multiple Projectiles SupportLesser Multiple Projectiles SupportSupport, Projectile
Cost & Reservation Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 8Supports projectile skills.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3DivergentSupported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack Speed
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Cast SpeedSupported Skills have 1% reduced Mana Cost
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Projectile SpeedProjectiles Fired by Supported Skills have 1% increased Projectile spreadSupported Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles
Supported Skills deal (15-6)% less Projectile DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket., the arrows are fired side by side, each exploding and releasing three arrows. Enemies can be hit by secondary arrows released by different primary arrows. This makes Tornado Shot with additional projectiles particularly effective against single targets.
- Point Blank: Since Tornado Shots secondary arrows are a continuation of the primary arrows (similar to Chain or Fork), their distance traveled for the purposes of Point Blank includes the distance traveled by their primary projectile as well as their own. This means that targets immediately next to the explosion of a primary arrow do not necessarily take the full +30% damage bonus on the secondary arrow.
- Projectile speed: Projectile speed will increase the distance that the secondary projectiles travel before disappearing, effectively increasing their range.
Gem level progression
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|8||Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem|
Alternative Quality: +19%Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
|random level 19 gem with 19% alternative quality||Automatic|
|1||Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item|
Item drops after killing # monstersQuality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
|random superior gem||Automatic|
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem with 20% quality||Automatic|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||random divination card set exchange||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Sever the Right Hand|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Sever the Right Hand|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Tornado Shot.
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance 1||66||60% increased Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance 2||75||90% increased Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Damage 1||66||25% increased Tornado Shot Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Damage 2||75||40% increased Tornado Shot Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Num Of Secondary Projectiles 2||75||Tornado Shot fires an additional secondary Projectile||helmet 100|
Alternate skill effects
Tornado Shot has the following alternate skill effects:
|Crystal Tornado Shot EffectCrystal Tornado Shot EffectSkill Gem EffectYour Tornado Shot becomes a Crystal Effect.||Your Tornado Shot becomes a Crystal Effect.|
|Ebony Tornado ShotEbony Tornado ShotSkill Gem EffectYour Tornado Shot becomes an Ebony Effect.||Your Tornado Shot becomes an Ebony Effect.|
- Mark_GGG (September 17, 2017). "Mark_GGG comments on Point Blank mechanics". /r/pathofexile Subreddit. Retrieved October 31, 2017.