Towers can be constructed during Blight encounters. There are several different types of towers, each with different effects and upgrades.
Some enemies can either resist or be immune to a certain tower types.
- Cold towers slow enemies action speed and deal cold damage. They have a short range.
- Fire towers deal fire damage. They have a long range.
- Physical towers stun or slow enemies action speed. They also deal physical damage.
- Lightning towers deal lightning damage. They can also shock.
- Aura towers primarily upgrade other towers. They can also upgrade players, but not minions. The exception to this rule is minions coming from aura upgraded towers. Aura towers can only upgrade each tower once. Multiple aura towers will not upgrade the same tower. Tower auras upgrade other towers, but not themselves when near each other.
- Minion towers create minions that can block enemies paths. Not all enemies will be blocked by minions. Some enemies can use movement skills around minions.
Options All 6 tower types begin at tier 1. They remain the same kind of tower for tier 2 and 3 tier upgrades. Upgraded versions of the same tower do more damage, hit more often, have more range and have less cooldown time. There are 2 tier 4 options available. This means there are 18 total options of towers to choose from.
Tower cost per upgrade from tier 1 to 4 is 100, 150, 300, 500.
Total cost of each tier tower from tier 1 to 4 is 100, 250, 550, 1050.
- Every tier 4 tower is the same total cost as 10.5 tier 1 towers.
- Every tier 3 tower is the same total cost as 5.5 tier 1 towers.
Tower effects can be modified by anointments on rings. For the entire list with oil requirements see List of ring anointments. All anointments can be used twice with 2 different rings to double their effects when possible.
- Your Chilling Towers freeze enemies for 0.2 seconds while they are affected by chilling beams This modifier has no cooldown. With level 3 chilling tower next to a level 3 imbuing tower enemies will be frozen permanently. Chilling tower has a target limit, so it will not freeze massive numbers of enemies. There are some rare enemies that are immune to chill or action speed that will not be frozen.
- Your Temporal Towers also grant you 20% increased action speed For calculation this is equal to 20% more multiplier for movement, attack and cast speed. 2 of them is 40% more. This will only affect you and not your minions or other players.
- Your Fireball Towers fire an additional 8 Projectiles. Your Fireball Towers Projectiles fire in a circle. 8 extra fireballs and fireballs shoot in a circle instead of aiming at enemies. Fireball towers already have a long range and this gives them even more area to cover with extra projectiles and targeting change.
- Your Flamethrower Towers deal full damage to Fire Enemies Most towers have 1 blight enemy that greatly resists their damage type, making them nearly useless for damage. This anointment removes that problem for players who do all their damage with flamethrower towers.
- Your Meteor Towers always Stun Will not stun as often as seismic towers, but allows players to stun with fire damage instead of physical. Also meteor has a much longer range than seismic towers.
- Your Meteor Towers drop an additional Meteor This is the highest tower damage for 1 anointment. 1 anointment doubles your damage, since the base is 1 meteor. anointing a second time is equal to 50% more damage, since you already fire 2 after the first anoint.
- All Towers in range of your Empowering Towers have 50% chance to deal Double Damage This is the second highest tower damage anointment and it affects all tower types instead of just meteor tower only.
List of Towers
|Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Upgrades||Tier IV||Upgrades|
Increased effect of Chill
Affects more Targets
|Increased Damage (Very High)
Shoots a Piercing projectile which Freezes enemies
|Deals no Damage
|Increased effect area||Improves the effectiveness of Players in range|
|Weakens Enemies in range|
|Increased effect area
Cast more fireballs (1-3-5)
|Increased Damage (High)
Casts a stream of Fire
|Increased Damage (Very high)
Rains Meteors from the sky
|Repeats more times (3-5-7)||Periodically Petrifies Monsters
No longer does damage
|Persistently Slows Monsters
No longer does damage
Increased chance to Shock
Increased Area of Effect
|Increased Damage (Medium)
|Increased Damage (High)
Lightning rapidly strikes around the Tower
|Summons more minions (3-5-7)||Summons 10 Flying Minions dealing high damage|
|Summons one durable minion with a high life pool|
Blight Towers have been rebalanced to try to provide a better diversity of strategies for handling Blighted maps: