Area of effect radius
- From Mark, he posted it some days ago. We have info for most AoE skills now, I'll add it tonight.
- No problem, should I add it for all AoE skills or just for Cyclone? Also, I was thinking of just posting the list on AoE page but it's kinda important info so I added the category into gem template. While on that, any idea why it couldn't be added after Damage Effectiveness? It kinda acted funny if I tried it so I placed it after cast time.
- I think we will want to show a reference on every page that uses that information. You can start with just the Cyclone or the AoE page though. I agree with you on adding the radius info to the gem template. However, that is not one of the templates that I currently maintain, so couldn't answer your question just now. As a side note, you should get in the habit of signing your comments on talk pages. —Vini (t|c) 15:05, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
Should there be a radius page or an addition to the AoE page that puts meaning to these radius numbers. Simplest example I have would be like Poison Arrow and showing a picture of its default animation with a circle around the effect that shows off the 20 radius stated. That or just a picture with circles at intervals from around the character. It would also probably be wise to have the page explain or list skill/passive/buff specific radial effects such as cyclone being from edge of character range and not center of character range or other passive/unique AoE increases/decreases. Ebonmourn (talk) 20:24, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- We got the info for a couple of skills, like Reave and smoke mine missing, as soon as it's complete I'll add it on AoE page for every listed AoE skill. I'll also make that screenshot with radii for 10, 20 and 30 marked one of these days, that's a good idea, I just have to go to Ledge and find a totem, those are nice and stationary, should give me precise info. I mentioned on cyclone page that its radius is determined by weapon range measured from character edge, the info there is base Cyclone radius, already calculated, weapon range is that minus 2. It's a rather special case so it probably shouldn't be on general AoE page but that weapon range info could be mentioned on Spectral Throw page, projectile size is determined by it.--Raicss (talk) 21:59, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- On the testing thing you could also go into a 1v1 pvp match and get a player/friend to stand still for you to test on. I was thinking to redo the current Area of Effect Skills section on the AoE page so it would just be a table of skills with the columns of Skill, Radius, and Type, the type would be like circle or cone. I don't think the table needs any info about the specifics of the AoE effect from the skill nor do I think that each skill needs a description of what it does as long as there is a link to the gem's own page. As the gems page has that description info on it and most likely even more info about the skill. The table could probably just have a row called Aura instead of listing each aura and such for similar instances. However if that is done it might be that you want a list on the page that just lists all the individual skills and skill types that have a radius or AoE. But again, as long as the Aura row links to a page(should be the Aura page) that has all the aura's listed then.. well that should be good enough. Of course the grouping thing would have to have exceptions like if one totem out of all the other totems has a different range or something; ex Regen totem effect has different radius then the devouring totem. Ebonmourn (talk) 22:35, 8 November 2013 (UTC)