Pathofexile 维基
Advertisement

Template:Redirect

Blocking is a means of preventing damage from enemy attacks by fending with a shield, staff or dual wielded weapons after Evasion and Dodge has failed. The base chance to block when using a shield (22 to 33%) or a staff (12 to 18%) is determined by the base item type. When dual wielding, the base chance to block is {{#ask:

-Has subobject::Character
Has stat id::block_while_dual_wielding_%
|?Has stat value#= 
|mainlabel=- 
|limit=1

}}% no matter which weapons are used. Usually only attacks can be blocked, but there are passives and unique items that apply a percentage of block chance to spells. The chance to block attacks and spells are both capped at {{#ask:

-Has subobject::Character
Has stat id::maximum_block_%
|?Has stat value#= 
|mainlabel=- 
|limit=1

}}%.

Mechanics[]

Blocking an attack prevents all damage and harmful effects including status ailments. Reflected damage can be blocked[1]; however, blocking reflected damage will not trigger on-block effects.

Block has the following stats: {{#ask:

-Has subobject::Character
|maximum_block_%
|?Has stat text=
|format=ul
|sort=Has stat text
|mainlabel=- 

}} The maximum block chance cap applies to both attacks and spells. However items such as Lua错误:callParserFunction: function "#varexists" was not found。 can raise the maximum block cap.

Usually only attacks can be blocked, but there are passives and unique items that apply a percentage of block chance to spells. For example, the unique amulet Lua错误:callParserFunction: function "#varexists" was not found。 grants 50% of Block Chance applied to Spells. A character with 40% block chance would have 40% (attack) block chance and 20% spell block chance with the unique equipped.

Additional chance to block can be gained by taking certain passive skills, using Tempest Shield, equipping a shield with the modifier Local Additional Block Chance %, or equipping unique items such as Lua错误:callParserFunction: function "#varexists" was not found。.

Block duration[]

Template:Redirect

When an attack is blocked, the game also calculates if the attack would have caused a stun were it not blocked. If it would have caused a stun, the blocking animation is played, stunning you briefly. If it would not have caused a stun, then you get a "free" block with no animation. Faster Block and Stun Recovery and Increased Block Recovery modifiers reduce the length of the blocking animation.

The following formula is the complete calculation for the duration of the blocking animation (in milliseconds). If you cannot be stunned, the block animation will never play.

Block Duration = 350 / ( 1 + Block and Stun Recovery + Block Recovery )

Status ailments have no affect on your block chance, but being frozen will prevent the block animation from playing if it otherwise would, and chilled will make it take longer to play (since those two work by decreasing the speed at which your character plays animations).

On hit effects from skills like Glacial Hammer and Viper Strike will still apply because block doesn't prevent a successful hit. However, skill effects based on damage like Puncture are essentially blocked.[2]

Reducing Block chance[]

Block chance can be reduced with modifiers such as #% Reduced enemy chance to block and the gem Block Chance Reduction.

Skills that can't be blocked[]

Some skills cannot be blocked. They can be a nasty surprise for players who rely on blocking attacks or spells. The following damage sources cannot be blocked:

  • Damage Over Time, for example: Righteous Fire, Desecrate, Fire Trap or Caustic Arrow.
  • Secondary damage, for example: Explosive Arrows explosion (the attacks can be blocked, but explosions can come from terrain obstacles or minions), the explosions from Bloodline mods Flame/Frost/Storm bearers produce explosion.

Related Unique Items[]

A number of unique items give bonuses to block, either by directly granting additional block chance, or indirectly by enhancing it in various ways. Note: Only unique items with explicit block-related mods are listed here. Of course, all shields and staffs have implicit chance to block and they also apply on uniques, but they are not shown here.

Additional Block Chance[]

Lua错误:expandTemplate: template ":Advancing Fortress" does not exist。

Additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding[]

Lua错误:expandTemplate: template ":Mark of the Doubting Knight" does not exist。

% of Block Chance applied to Spells[]

Lua错误:expandTemplate: template ":Rearguard" does not exist。

Miscellaneous[]

Lua错误:expandTemplate: template ":Belt of the Deceiver" does not exist。

Passive skills[]

There are passive skills that grant blocking bonuses.

Chance to block with shields[]

These passive skills grant additional chance to block with a shield equipped.

Name BonusesBlock (passive skill)Block and Block RecoveryBlock Chance and Melee Damage with ShieldShield BlockShield Block and Block RecoveryShield Block and Shield DefencesCommand of SteelDefianceDeflectionPrecise InterceptionSanctuarySlashing ComebackSolidityTestudoWeapon Artistry

Chance to block with staves[]

These passive skills grant additional chance to block with a staff equipped.

Name BonusesStaff BlockWhirling Barrier

Chance to block while dual wielding[]

These passive skills grant additional chance to block while dual wielding.

Name BonusesBlock (passive skill)Block and Block RecoveryDual Wield BlockDual Wield Damage and BlockAspect of the PantherBlade BarrierDervishGeminiSlashing ComebackSwaggerWeapon Artistry

Chance to block spells with shields[]

These passive skills grant additional chance to block spells with a shield equipped.

Name BonusesShield Spell BlockMind Barrier

Chance to block for minions[]

These passive skills grant additional chance to block for minions.

Name BonusesDecay WardMinion Block

Block recovery[]

These passive skills grant increased block recovery.

Name BonusesBlock Recovery (passive skill)Block and Block RecoveryShield Block and Block RecoveryBlade BarrierTestudo

Version history[]

Version Changes
1.3.0
  • Block chance has been reduced, replaced, or removed throughout the tree. Spell block in the Witch area has also been reduced slightly.

References[]

  1. Mark_GGG (December 3, 2012). "Mechanics Thread". Path of Exile Forum. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
  2. Mark_GGG (November 5, 2012). "Viper Strike overriding block chance/dodge/evasion". Path of Exile Forum. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
Advertisement